3/24/2014

An Energetic Weekend


ok! This post will be one of the most excited adventurous weekend that I'll talk about. Because my beloved best friend, Dafni, comes for visiting. So I'm in charge of being a good guide in my country and also a good company. It's her second time here in Thailand, so my duty is to explore something new with her which would be more excited!!!! 


// SATURDAY


There's always a good thing in a bad thing! Even though, it was raining in the morning, but we decided to go out with our cute umbrella. The rain always smells super nice! and we love it! :D 



///// 

Then we took the boat at Sathorn pier to Tha-chang, where we wanted to grab some brunch and then going to the Grand Palace. Actually, it's quite new for me because it was my first time that I took the tourist boat instead of taking the usual one. So we paid 40Baht each. 


There's a guide on the boat and he explained things in English. I personally enjoy watching this guy. Because he was so funny! (You probably see how he moves) It was just like I was watching the comedy show haha





/////

I did try this tiny tomato just because it looks cute. But it tastes alike the common one.





Dafni was excited when she first saw this flower, said it looks similar to the flower plant's name which is also her name too!! uhhh~~ 



/////


We walked around the old-town area and eventually arrived Sam-Peng market (we went throughout Pa-Hu-Rad market, an indian textile stores area).  It was also my first time going to this jewelery shop because Dafni wanted to buy some beads. This shop reminded me of Wismar once I was there as an exchange student, studying jewelry design. 




Fortunately, it's a fruit season now in Thailand! We have a lot of fruits! I'm so Happy.! We also took some star fruits back home from China Town :) 




/////

The end of the day, we had tasty ice-cream with a lot of funny flavour. These are what we had ; Yakult with Peepojelly, Beer, Chocobanana, BananaCheese, Lychee with Sake' and Super Milk! 






// SATURDAY

We made Sunday even more awesome!!, taking a ride to the south. It took us about 2-3hours by car. Unfortunately, it was raining on the way going..I was a bit disappointed as we expected to enjoy the sun. hmm... but my buddy is a very optimistic person so we could still enjoyed the cloudy moody rain in the car! ;D

This is the first impressive picture of the day. We stopped by the gas station for some coffee. And there was a big rice field behind the coffee shop, very refreshing. 


/////

First place to visit! 

We went to the Pranburi national mangrove forrest in Prachuap Kiri Khan province. I didn't expect to see such a huge green forrest and it was very impressive. Fortunately, the breeze blown away the rain and the sun was warmly welcoming us. So, the weather was so lovely! 




There was a pathway all along the forrest which is very useful because we could see some little crabs very closely. It amazed us quite a lot because there were also the information boards in every stops, telling the stories about local creatures and trees. 





This place looks so unreal. !!




And then we took a walk along the beach. The sun became stronger and stronger.. I think there were just both of us and some small group of people there. Actually, this place is very peaceful as it takes a bit longer to come from Hua-Hin (one of the famous beach) which is about 20-30mins further. 













I was surprised to see this signage as I didn't think there would be any deer around..Seriously?!?!



Now it's time for brunch! Seafood time!!~~ (which we had in the afternoon hahaha..) I made a little mistake on the right one because I didn't think that it's gonna be super spicy.. So Dafni didn't really enjoy it but the other two dishes were great! The left one was "Glass noodle with shrimps". The middle one was obviously a sweet-spicy fish (our favourite one). And the mistake one was Spicy shells with some sort of.. Thai herbs.  Well, our stomaches were enjoying so much! 




The view from the restaurant. 



We ended up the beach session at Cha-am beach, was just talking a little walk and then we left because it was too crowded. I found these cute foam airplanes and a seller which nostalgically reminded me when I was young. My parents bought me that the most of the time we went to the beach. :) 






It seems to be the end of the journal. But we stopped by 2 more places and it's nice that we drove the car because we did really make the day become productive. The last place we stopped by before totally being exhausted on the way back was "Amphawa floating market". We arrived there pretty quite late because all the restaurant were closing. So, we decided to make a boat trip to see the fireflies. Yehhh...


and I finally I can finish this post now.. thanks god..  




///// SEE YOU NEXT WEEKEND /////


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...